Monday, July 16, 2007

Special Baptism Gift



Rebecca and Mark sent beautiful gifts for Madeline for her Baptism, which to Rebecca's consternation we received today, rather than Saturday. No worries, as Madeline would say! She loved the gifts, and declared the crucifix the most beautiful one she has ever seen. I'd have to agree on that one, it will be hung in her room shortly, and I am sure that she will have it hanging in her room for the rest of her days. What a wonderful thing! We have looked at the books already too, the five minute devotions are all about animals, and how they display God like traits - Madeline loves animals, so I know we'll get a lot of use out of that :-)

Here's a Madeline classic for you - during the ceremony, the Priest told her that the Chrism (a strong smelling oil used for anointing) would wash off when she took a shower. She looked at him in complete seriousness and said "I don't take showers! (she takes baths)" Another one - last night she was taking the aforementioned bath, and she declared to me that the Holy Spirit was in her bathwater. Can't really argue with that one now, can you?

2 comments:

Windsor House said...

I recall that comment and appreciated the honesty and innocent nature of it. She is quite a little lady now. We love her very much.
Grandpa

Unknown said...

What a cutie!

Glad she liked the gifts. I love that crucifix too. I almost bought one for myself. I hope she'll always have it in her house.

I also hope she likes the little 5 minute devotionals. Very sweet!