Sunday, July 15, 2007

Madeline's Baptism



Today we had Madeline's Baptism, and I truly believe that it was beautiful in every way. We were blessed to have Father Jim Graf perform the sacrement. He did a great job of explaning each step so that Madeline and the people in attendance could understand the ceremony. I was very proud of my girlie! We had a very nice reception afterward here at our house with our family present, except for Rebecca, Madeline's newly minted God Mother, who was truly missed. It may sound trite, but I really felt the presence of Joyce, Madeline's Grandmother, and R.K. and Ester, her Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother. Each of them had a profound influence on me in my decision to be Baptized, and in turn impacted our decision with Madeline as well. I believe that they were happy in Heaven today.

People were bringing little children to him in order that he might touch them; and the disciples spoke sternly to them. But when Jesus saw this, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it." And he took them up in his arms, laid his hands on them, and blessed them. Mark 10.13-16

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so happy that it was such a nice ceremony for Madeline. It looks like it was very special, and it sounds like the priest made it very personal.

We are very sad that we had to miss it. No fear, I'll continue to try to be a good God-Mother.

The cake is so gorgeous!

I snagged a few pictures to post on our blog.

Hoping her gift arrives today.

Windsor House said...

I agree, the ceremony and reception were special! Madeline was so pretty in her white dress and acted so grown up. Needless to say Grandpa and Grandma were very proud! Father Graf did a great job and it was especially helpful to me.
Dad

Angela and Jay said...

What a special day and sweet pictures! May God continue to bless your family!