Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rebecca's Baby Shower



Yesterday we had Rebecca and Mark's Family Day/Baby Cook-out at the Cabin. It was a really great day - all of us were really pleased with how it turned out. It is wonderful when we are bringing a new little one into our family (I say "we" loosely - Rebecca and Mark are doing the bringing, we're just doing the loving - anyway I digress) to get together with our whole family. It is a great reminder of how lucky that little one will be to have all of our family loving her! We are truly blessed with a kind and loving family who would give you anything in the world they had to give. A great time was had by all! I'll have more thoughts on Rebecca's pregnancy later, but I have to say here that I love my little sister so much! I am sad that she is far away while this is going on, but so happy to see her looking forward to bringing two babies into our family. She and I talked today about how pregnancy is hard to describe to anyone who hasn't gone through it. Motherhood is the same. Wonderful blessings and terrible heartaches follow for her!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great slideshow. I am stealing lots of pictures, as I only got a few. What a great time we had! It was so great to be surrounded by such special family.

The Sophia baby cake was ADORABLE! I just loved it...the look and the taste.

Thanks for all that you did to make the day special. We had a great time and love you very much.

Windsor House said...

Great pictures! We have a great time and sure enjoyed having everyone together.
Dad

Windsor House said...

Ps: I will be getting some of these pics as well!
Dad