Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Pool

No pictures today because we spent almost the entire day in the pool :-) I can't carry the camera in there with me, and since I don't want to be photographed in there, I don't ask anyone to do the photography for me! We had a great time though, and I know if I didn't tell you guys where we were all week-end you'd be wondering what was up with me! It is amazing how Madeline has taken to swimming. Today she was doing back flips (all while holding her nose, which she does about half of the time). The big trick seems to have been the goggles. Once she found that she could open her eyes under the water with those we were off and swimming.

Other than that we haven't done much of anything really. We went to Steven's cousin's wedding, which was really nice, that's about it! I have been downloading NPR podcasts of short stories. It's like watching golf - I listen to a bit of that before bed and I'm off to dreamland!

I did manage to put together a good dinner - steak, creamed corn, grilled veggies and banana pudding. I made the banana pudding the simple old fashioned way, which reminded me of going to my Grandma's. Mom pointed out to me that Grandma's pudding was homemade and full of sugar, while my pudding was fat free instant pudding, but hey, it made me think of being little in the summertime anyway :-)

I have endured much teasing for Madeline's baby picture which I put on my last post. I can't help it, her starting Kindergarten has been a bit hard for me, no more baby! But tonight, since I exhausted her by swimming with her all day, she let me cuddle her for like 45 minutes under a cozy blanky, so my baby is still here - she's just a little bigger than she used to be!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good time! Your dinner sounds good. You always did love the banana pudding. I like it the old fashioned way too...much better to taste a big vanilla wafer! How do you make your creamed corn?

Windsor House said...

Glad that you had a nice weekend. Dont worry Madeline will always be your baby!
Love Ya
Dad