Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fresh Tomato Salsa





Today I continued my fresh food/culinary adventures by making homemade salsa. It turned out really well - I think my husband was impressed anyway. I used about 2/3 of the tomatoes which you see in the sink to make the big bowl of salsa. Of course we'd never eat all of that, so I have given some to the Roby's and plan to give some more away. It is quite good though, and well worth the effort.

The remainder of our week-end mostly consisted of swimming. The pool has been a great thing this summer! Madeline can now do front and back flips, as well as handstands. I bought some colored diving rings yesterday, so the last two days we have been swimming at the bottom of the pool searching for them. I also got a pool vacuum, and was quite pleased with the results of that. Madeline has had a good week-end I think. She was tired after her first full week of school, but I am sure gradually we will settle into the routine. She still says she loves school, and so far Steven and I have been quite pleased with it as well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, fresh tomato salsa-yum! Silly girl...recipe?

Janie said...

The salsa is one of those Grandma type recipes - a bit of this and a bit of that

What I put in it

Chopped Tomatoes
Chopped onion
Chopped Green Onion
Chopped Green Pepper
Chopped Jalapeno Peppers
1 can tomato paste
cilantro to taste
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix all of the veggies, chill, eat :-)

Windsor House said...

It does look good. Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend.
Dad