Thursday, August 02, 2007

Madeline's First Day



Madeline had a great first day of school today! It started out kind of rough, when we got there she was nervous, but excited. She was hanging onto my hand and/or leg. But gradually more kids came into the room, and some were crying. It was contagious I think, because gradually about three fourths of the kids were crying, including Madeline. Look at the concerned looks on their faces at the table :-) I told her that she is a friend maker, she made them at preschool, at dance class, and at three Bible schools this summer! She was looking very small and worried when I left. Needless to say, I was a ball of nerves all day, worrying about how she was. I wanted to go press my face on the glass (which Rebecca jokingly told me that a Mom actually did at her school :-) I didn't do that, but I will admit to driving by at lunch to see if I could catch a glimpse of her in the playground. No dice there! Anyway, Steven went with me to pick her up, and you guessed it, she was fine! On the way home she told us "I got along just fine at school today" She's the greatest!

I could not be prouder of her guts, her outgoing nature and her happiness today!

I'm shocked and in awe that she is so big! When I close my eyes, this is what I see:


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What are you trying to kill me with that little baby picture at the bottom?

I am so glad that Madeline did well! I knew she would, as she has succeeded at many things already in her little life.

Can't believe that this much time has passed! Next we know, she'll be driving! (gasp)

Windsor House said...

I am so glad that she made it well her first day of school. I know she would but its always good to hear her be positive about it. Its hard to believe that she is starting school.