Monday, June 18, 2007

More Father's Day

All right, I'll admit it, I looked at Rebecca's Blog and realized that yesterday I left out two very special Dads on Father's Day. My Dad knows, though, that he is one of my best friends in the whole world. I have looked to him for help and advice in almost every aspect of my life, from my work to my marriage and parenting. Dad always knows when to tell me to "Put it in the box" , when to say "come on Janie, get tough". He also knows when to tell me that no matter what, he will always love me. He is a tough act to live up to for the husbands of the Asher girls in lots of ways, but our husbands have been able to do it! I think that because of his example of what a man should be we were able to find good men as husbands and fathers to our children. At my wedding my song for him was "Wind Beneath my Wings" I still feel that way today! Dad, for all that you are, for all that you have been, I love you!

Now, Johnny came into my life later of course, but he has been there for me in more ways than he knows. He has been through a lot in the years since I've known him, but in all things he shows that when he makes a commitment, he sticks to it! He is quiet in the way he shows his love, but it is always there, you can count on it! Plus, he knows when to make fun of me :-) Madeline adores him, and calls him her "Sweet Granddaddy" Thank you Johnny for your friendship and example!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet post! We have a great daddio! What is this about putting things in a box? Never heard that...

Hey, no fair, I want a box! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Janie for your kind words. I love you very much. Rebecca, I will let Janie explain the 'box' reference to you).
Love
Dad