Friday, July 25, 2008

The Last Lecture



I was sad just now to read that Randy Pausch, the Author of The Last Lecture died this morning after his battle with cancer. His book really had an impact on me, as it did on many. I have told several people today that I felt grumpy - perhaps I need to think of what he said in face of fatal cancer and I might be less of a grump!

A quote from his book: "Never underestimate the importance of having fun. I'm dying and I'm having fun. And I'm going to keep having fun every day because there's no other way to play it."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen just told me this news. I was sad too. What an amazing impact he had. It is a choice to live fully, not letting roadblocks be obstacles.

Annie said...

Yours is the second blog to make referrence to this man. I've got to find a copy of this book!

Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier today. As to the hair comment...I'm still thinking, because I know it will happen again 9(and again and again and again). Sigh.

Windsor House said...

What a wonderful story. In many ways I compare it to my sisters battle with the big C. She has always tried to keep a smiling cheerful face and does not complain.
Dad

Our Family said...

Saw today on the View that this is going to be on Primetime tonight at 9 or 10. It looked interesting.

Eva and Sara

Angela and Jay said...

So sad. He was truly an inspiration.

I'm glad that you're still following our blog and I love checking in on the Hite House!