Sunday, July 06, 2008

Family Fireworks at Camp

The annual 4th of July Fireworks at the camp went off with a sonic boom on Saturday night. Once again I was completely amazed at how HUGE and LOUD the fireworks were - honestly the show they put on would rival fireworks shows put on by professionals. Actually, I guess with all of their blasting licences they are like a professional show. I didn't get any pictures of the fireworks going off to show you how truly amazing they were, but I think these pictures illustrate it a bit:

This is a photo of the type of fireworks the average American shoots off:



These are the fireworks that our family shoots off (note that the things in the front scoop of the backhoe are the fireworks tubes!):



The echo off of the surrounding hills was something to be heard - I thought that the family definitely displayed their patriotism, and all I could think was the fireworks coming from the top of the hill said to the world WE ARE HERE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys had fun. Johnny is enjoying retirement and life and that is good!
Dad

Unknown said...

Holy cow! That is some serious celebrating.