Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Annie



Madeline and I went to see a production of Annie last night at our local theater. She had a wonderful time in the amphitheater - the play didn't start until 8:30 pm, which is her bedtime, so needless to say she was very excited to be in the outside theater after dark. The production was quite good, and she was quite taken with it. I noticed a few tears when they did an orphanage scene. Clearly Claire is is a real member of our family, because she said "I'm worried about Claire being in a mean orphanage like that". We talked about adoption and orphanages for quite some time last night after we got home. She has been singing "Tomorrow" and "Hard Knock Life" all day. What a fun experience!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, that is so sweet! What a special little heart she has. Reason # 456,890,987,096 to love Madeline!

Windsor House said...

I am glad you guys went. She has a big heart and cares about people. We are looking forward to spending time with her this weekend at the cabin.
Love you guys
Gramps (Thats what she is calling me sometime)

I'm Fine said...

A sweet story - what a welcome Madeline will have for her! This little Claire is in everyone's hearts! Ahhh, Annie. I'm pretty sure I did permanent damage to my lungs singing that song as a child. Thank you for sharing your story and your comment on our blog!
Mike & Char Dempsey

Our Family said...

Very smart young lady. Wise beyond her years. Just shows you she has been raised well.

Eva and Sara

Angela and Jay said...

I've always loved that musical. It's wonderful the way Claire is already such an important part of your family.