Sunday, January 27, 2008

Time, and the Wind Beneath My Wings



My Sweet Dad brought these beautiful flowers to me today. I had one of those tearful afternoons that most of you Moms will probably understand. I had not one, but TWO Dads tell me that they don't see enough of me today. Madeline told me that all I wanted to do was housework, and I never wanted to play. Steven didn't see me long enough to make a similar comment to me. I worked at St. Joe for the Pancake Breakfast, made dinner at Noon, did laundry, took Madeline to her party, and then had Johnny & Jeanine over. This is how all of my days seem to be - there is always somebody who wants a little piece of me, and I just can't give each one of them as much as they deserve, or as much as I want to give them. I know all of you Moms out there know what I mean!

Dad, thank you for the flowers, they are beautiful and meant the world to me. You truly are the "wind beneath my wings" and I love you more than you will ever know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was very sweet of Dad. Madeline knows that you spend lots of time with her. She is just super smart, and knows what to say to get you to play with her when she wants you too! Don't doubt that you are a GREAT mom, wife, daughter and sister.

Angela and Jay said...

What a thoughtful Dad you have! It can be so hard to balance life sometimes. I struggle with those feelings too. Hope you have a better day!

Windsor House said...

Thanks for the post, I love you very much too!
Dad

Brad, Erin, Finn, Jude and Xsu-Xsu said...

How sweet of your dad! You have a such a thoughtful, giving and fun spirit...your family just wants to be around you as much as possible =) Have a great week!