Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Amazing Girl

I am constantly amazed at what Madeline can do - I know that all Moms feel this way. I think it's one of the things about being a parent that surprises me the most really. Tonight Madeline read 60 flash cards that I made. The teacher sent home a list of words for practice, so I put them all on cards thinking we could work on them. Well, Madeline read them all the first time! It took me longer to make the cards than it took her to read them. At dinner, we were doing "quizzes" which is our little game where we ask each other questions - sometimes math, sometimes reading or making up a story. Today was Math - she got 23 + 22 correct, 3 10s plus 23, and 9 plus 18, plus all but one of the others we asked. Anyway, the purpose of this post is not to brag about her, or to invite "wow" comments, but more just to once again tell the world that God blessed us with one amazing kid! I hope that we can give her an environment in which she can learn as much as possible, and grow into a healthy and happy woman ...... being a Mom is great on days like this!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! If a mom and aunt can't brag, who can?! She is one smart cookie! I am proud of her. Parenting involves being amazed every day.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I hope we can do that well with Isaiah and Ben.

Windsor House said...

I am not surprised at all. I am very impressed that you guys work with her the way you do. Keep it up!
Love
Dad

Our Family said...

Your hard work has paid off. She must have brilliant parents:)

Eva