Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Kites



We decided that rather than mourn the end of our holiday, we'd make today extra special and fun. So, we loaded up our car with kites, a Frisbee and lunch and went out to Johnny and Jeanine's front field for the afternoon. We had a lot of fun having a picnic with Johnny and Jeanine and flying kites out there. I'm always amazed at how big the field in front of Johnny's house is. Once you start walking out there it seems to go on for a long time!

Today I feel so grateful to have spent a wonderful week with Madeline, and with the rest of the family. Madeline got to spend great time with her Mom & Dad, with all of her Grandparents, and with the Radicchi's. Thank God for all of the happy memories!
One to remember - the afternoon when Madeline and I decided to sign everything we said until Daddy came home :-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of some of the great fun I had as a kid flying kites with my family! I can't wait till my boys are big enough for their first kite day.

Unknown said...

What a great way to end your break. I have never really flown a kite before. Can't wait to do that with our little one.

Glad you had such a nice break. :-)

Windsor House said...

Glad you guys had a good time and a good vacation.
Dad