Friday, April 18, 2008

A Decade Strong



Today is our ten year wedding anniversary! When I look at our wedding photo I remember how many hopes and dreams we had that day, and how happy I was to be getting married. At that time we'd already been together for five years, so I thought that I knew everything there was to know about my new husband. Now, looking back over ten years together as husband and wife, I see how little I knew that day. I have learned about life, love, family and my husband since then. I thought I had experienced love at it's fullest the day of our wedding, but now I see that our love continues to grow and mature over time. I have no doubt that love Steven more now than I did then. This love comes from experiencing life together. Nothing is better than seeing my husband love our daughter, his love is so strong and pure. Nothing was worse than seeing him lose his Mother, and the immense pain and heart ache that followed. I have seen him at his happiest - like when he is driving his red shark, or playing with his multiple toys. I have also seen him struggle with worry over how to best handle planning for our future. We have had many, many laughs together - and many, many tough times together. The best thing of all is knowing that no matter what, he will always, always be there fore me, and I will be there for him. We've truly grown into partners in this life, and I am sure in the next ten years we'll grow even more.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Such a nice post about your marriage.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a tremendous accomplishment!

Windsor House said...

Its hard to believe that it has been ten years! We are blessed to have Steven in our family and thankful for what he has meant to you and Madeline and the entire family. We love you all
Dad and Mom A

Our Family said...

Happy Anniversary!
What an accomplishment, 10 years that is something.
Here's to another 50+
Eva and Sara

Brad, Erin, Finn, Jude and Xsu-Xsu said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful look back on 10 years.