Monday, April 21, 2008

Pope Benedict XVI



Having not grown up a Catholic, I have had at times in my life mixed feelings about the idea of a Pope. However, I came to love and respect John Paul, who's teachings led me to join the church. And now, after watching the Pope in his visit to America this past week-end, I have come to have strong feelings him as well. What a strong and loving message he sent! I am now a big fan. In particular, I thought that his statements at the World Trade Center site were astute and moving. His joy in his love for God and the Church were obvious; and, he is clearly a wise and intelligent man, worthy to lead one of the biggest churches in the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A friend in NY went to see him yesterday. Mark and I saw him in Italy, and it was a neat experience.

I think he is a great man, that I'd love to hear more about-more regularly.

Hope you have a special day!