Friday, May 18, 2007

The Recital

Yesterday was a big day for our girl - she got her money from the tooth fairy, and Mom was here when she woke up, which I am sure she was excited about. Then she had a pajama party at school, and was allowed to take her sleeping bag and a stuffed animal and wear her PJs to school. She said it was totally fun, and she wants to wear her PJs to school again! Then Grandma did a wonderful job of putting her hair into sponge rollers (you guys know how nutty I get about Grandma doing Madeline's hair :-) we got all ready and Steven and I, Mom and Dad, Johnny and Jeanine and Nicole went to her recital. She was happy to have everyone there. Somehow, I was much calmer than I usually am about those things once we got there (no psycho perfectionist Mom tendencies came out I don't think). Madeline had fun watching the other girls - her favorite dance was "Happy Feet" which was a tap dance routine. She did great in both of her dances - I think she was a bit on the nervous side in the Under the Sea one, which was her first one. She didn't smile too much and missed a bit, but hey, she didn't scream "MOM" in the middle like she did last year in gymnastics - she didn't cry or panic. The Over the Rainbow Routine was totally cute, and she found her Mojo a little more in that once and followed the dance really well I thought. After the 1st one she didn't want to get dressed & do the second one, but after the Over the Rainbow she wanted to go back on again! Those little girls are sure under a lot of pressure - one little girl threw up on stage (it was before their Over the Rainbow routine started while the curtain was still closed) and a little girl sitting next to me had a panic attack in the audience before her routine - I started hearing these little short gasps and the girls next to her said "Mom?" to me - "we think she's sick...." so I sent for her Mom and she said that the little girl does have panic attacks. She was OK eventually and went on for her routine and did great. After the show we went out for ice cream as a group, and had a great time! I'll figure out Dad's video camera soon hopefully and I'll get video on here.....

Enjoy a few pictures in the meantime!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute! The picture of her in rollers is too funny. What a diva!

I love the flowy blue outfit...very princess like. What a fun experience for her.

It was fun to read about the kids nerves and preparations.

Can't wait to see the DVD!

Windsor House said...

Madeline was very cute and did a great job at the recital. We enjoyed a very nice time with everyone.
Dad