Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Queen and the Derby - didn't change our Saturday at all!




Queen Elizabeth II came to Kentucky today for the Derby - and we, well, ignored her visit altogether! Steven had a frustrating day trying to hang shelving in the laundry room, which he still can't get hung. Apparently the drywall is too close to the concrete wall for the screw anchors to open up. He is a bit annoyed! Madeline and I, on the other hand, first went to look at a puppy at the pound - we saw a really cute beagle type pup, and he was really docile and lovey. He has his "fixing" procedure on Tuesday, and we are going to check back after that to see if he is healthy and happy after that. I'm still waffling all over the place on that trying to make the right choice. Then we went to Etown and I got a docking station for my IPod, so now I can listen to music in the kitchen. You Moms know how much time I spend in the kitchen! Overall I had a pretty good day, other than feeling sorry for Steven and his wasted effort so far.

On the pics of the Queen, doesn't she have just beautiful outfits for a lady of her age (of course, you say, she is the Queen!) I actually liked her Jamestown hat with the blue suit better than her Churchill Downs hat. I had to laugh though, is that Erica Caine from All My Children standing behind her over her right shoulder?

I hope that all of you have a great Sunday, and that Steven gets those shelves hung for his sanity! Any good ideas on the shelves? (Putting his fist through the wall won't work - he'll hit concrete!)

4 comments:

Windsor House said...

Good commentary and Queen Pics. Glad she was here. Good luck finding the right puppy. Madeline will love it.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That is too funny! Why in the world is Erika Kane right behind the King of England?!

Pretty neat that the queen went to the Derby. We missed the whole thing...

Unknown said...

Now I'm the idiot...meant to say the QUEEN of England. I am sure her hubby would have loved my mistake though!

Janie said...

I had to chuckle on that one Rebecca!