Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vacation Heaven - Day 6



We had the greatest day at the beach! I woke up early and walked out to the beach to see the sunrise - I took some pictures, but I am not sure they do the beauty of it justice. I tried to memorize the moment so I could bring that peace home with me. What a lovely world God made!



After I watched the water for a while alone, I went in and quickly woke Madeline. We were afraid that it was going to rain after lunch that day (it didn't), so we wanted to hit the beach early. We went out to the beach and Madeline and her Daddy set to work at making a sand castle.





Five or Six hours later, they had a fabulous HUGE castle! We had a laugh that Madeline has road construction in her blood, because she made a road to the castle, a bridge, and a giant moat. Daddy and daughter are so much alike, once they began the castle, they were on a mission! We named the castle Madiland, and in the end, it was so big it was hard to get it all in one picture :-) (In case you are wondering, while they were building, I was tanning, walking in the water, and reading a tear jerker :-)







I have so many more pictures, that I'll have to stretch Day 6 out into a later post, but I had to post this picture of my sweet pea - I love it!


I hope you aren't feeling like you are at somebody's slide show of their vacation pictures - I can't help it, I loved our trip so much that I have to put these on here. This picture didn't come out as well as I'd like, but Madeline drew her family on the beach - I loved it!

3 comments:

Janie said...

Doesn't Madeline look AMAZINGLY like her Daddy?

Unknown said...

Yes! That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that pic of Steven without his glasses/sunglasses.

These are your best pics yet.

I guess sand castle building is serious business.

Windsor House said...

Your pictures are great! The first picture of the sea gulls walking near the water would be a good picture to frame. The others are good also. I am so glad that you guys had a great vacation. I can see "relaxed" in your faces. Its good to have you home however as we missed you.
Love You