Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Reminder in Vacation Heaven - Day 2



Part of the fun of Disney was getting autographs from the characters... it's fun, but you also wait in crazy long lines for your kiddo to get these autographs, and it was 95 degrees with about 99.999999% humidity. So I was getting a little hot, a little tired and a little bit ready to be done with signatures. Until a park worker came in and put someone ahead of us in line... a Make a Wish family with a little girl in a wheelchair who had obviously been undergoing chemotherapy. Like a slap in the face I remembered that here I was with my perfectly healthy family doing a perfectly wonderful thing.... with no tears in my eyes and no lump in my throat looking at my little girl like that Mom had. Wow.... I thanked God profusely for the remainder of our trip. We have health and love, and no obvious time line for our family. Hug your kiddos. I hugged mine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A great reminder for us all. Thanks for sharing this.

Windsor House said...

We are glad you guys had a great vacation! The pictures are a great reminder of the good times. Good reminder that we do have a lot to be thankful for! Its good to have you guys home, we missed you!
Love