Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This is Me



Today I'm 40!?:-) As you may already know, I have had a bit of a struggle with this Birthday. Am I successful enough at 40? Am I thin enough? Am I kind enough? Have I done enough? Am I old now? Will things be different? Does Madeline have an ancient fat Mother? These are the questions I have been playing in my head. But, I have come to this conclusion, at 40 years old I have come to realize that I am me! Do I earn the most money of anyone? No. Do I have everything in the world I'd like to have? No. Am I a perfect Wife and Mother? No. But, I am me, and I try very hard to do the right thing for all of the people in my life. And, honestly, I think I'm doing pretty good! I have succeeded at having a husband who still loves me and wants to be with me (no doubt in my mind). I have succeeded at having a happy healthy child who also loves me (hey, she's not a teen-ager yet;-) I have a strong faith, plenty of food (more than enough of that) and a comfortable home. I work at an office where I have the flexibility to be there for my husband and child when I need to be.

Is everything perfect, no. But, I would not change a single thing (except maybe I'd be thinner - hey, I have to be honest here). My marriage is so strong! I have more love than one person truly deserves. My whole family is healthy. Mom and Dad are close and I get to see Rebecca and her family often (not as often as I'd like). I'm blessed to have two sweet living Grandmas. I married into a beautiful close family. How can I look at my life and be dissappointed? I CAN'T! That's the beauty of it all!

I am happy to be me!

3 comments:

Windsor House said...

Good words. Janet and I are happy that you had a good birthday!
Love You

Unknown said...

We all love you and the person that you are. Sounds like you have lots of wisdom at 40.

Our Family said...

What a great post, you are fabulous from what I can tell. Enjoy your 40's I think they are supposed to be your most reassuring:)