Friday, April 10, 2009

Sacrifice



I am remembering the Cross today - this is the reason that we eat fish when we want a burger. The reason people give up little things like chocolate or Facebook or macaroni and cheese. To remind us of the ultimate sacrifice that was made for us .... every one of us. Today I pray that all people remember the sacrifice made for us so that we might live. I pray that I might truly remember. It's hard to get in our modern world of computers and conveniences, but when that last day comes all of those things won't matter any more. I thank God for all of the wonderful things I have today - a husband who took the day off to spend with me, a happy healthy child who is growing every day, family that I got to spend time with this Spring Break, and his wonderful saving grace. May you be blessed with peace this day.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are truly blessed. I am glad I gave up something for Lent this year. I'll always do so now. I am proud of Madeline as well.

Happy Easter!

Windsor House said...

What a wonderful post Janie. We do have a lot to be thankful for! Its easy to overlook what is really important and there is nothing more important than this.