Thursday, May 08, 2008

What its all about



Since most of you who read my blog talk to me pretty regularly, you probably already know that our family is currently in the middle of the end of the school year/soccer/getting ready for dance recital frenzy. To add to the excitement I have two major hearings next week. This morning I drove to work doing one of those "I can't do all of this" type freak outs. I reminded myself this evening while running back through photos of tonight's dance stuff that Madeline is what it's all about! If our house is a mess, if her spelling test isn't perfect, if we miss a dance photo requirement, IT DOESN'T MATTER! She loves the recital, she loves soccer, and if her Mother is a nervous wreck I'll diminish her experience. The reason we signed up for all of this stuff is so she could have a lot of life experiences. So, it's time for Me to get a grip and let it ride!

Post Script:

At bedtime we always read a book of Madeline's choice. Tonight she picked Dr. Seuss' "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are" which begins like this:

"When you think things are bad, when you feel sour and blue, when you start to get mad... you should do what I do!

Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky! Some people are much more... oh, ever so much more... oh, muchly much much more unlucky than you!"

Wise words from a children's book - timing is everything, isn't it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry that your week is stressful. Childrens books are often filled with great wisdom. Keep counting those blessings. Most of the things we stress about just don't matter!

Windsor House said...

Hang in there, you will get through it. I agree, most of the things we seem to stress most about dont matter that much in the large picture.
Happy Mothers Day to a good mother!!
Love You
Dad

Brad, Erin, Finn, Jude and Xsu-Xsu said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Dr. Seuss words! I know how you feel when you think you couldn't possibly do one more thing...it's really amazing how much we expect of ourselves. Hang in there! Cute pic. of Madeline too =)