Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



Steven and Madeline have given me a very nice Mother's Day! They gave me a plant that Madeline grew at school, plus a nice basket of Bath & Body Works stuff and a chicken candle holder that Madeline picked herself. Right now Steven is cooking dinner for us. He has very kindly agreed to be in charge of meals for the WHOLE WEEK to help me out while I have my hearings and Madeline's dance recital preparations. Madeline & Steven's kindness is greatly appreciated. Being a Mom is the best thing in my whole life!



We also got to visit with my Mom, who I think liked her gift of gardening tools and supplies. She is a wonderful Mother, and still helps me and teaches me on a daily basis. What a blessing she is! I have to give kudos to my Dad here too, for thinking to ask me if I needed his GPS to get me to my hearing this week. I thank God for such a wonderful family!

We thought of Steven's Mom today as well - although she is not here with us, Madeline reminds us often that she is looking down at us from heaven. She will always be in our lives, as we think of her often and remember the things she did and said.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mother's out there, I hope that you have been as blessed as I have been this Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day! Glad you were treated so well. Can Steven come and cook meals for a whole week for me?

Thanks for getting Mom's gift for us.

Love the chicken candle holder!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Janie. I'm so proud of you (& Rebecca) for the great mothers that you both have become. We couldn't asked for better daughters.

Love,
Mom

Windsor House said...

Very well stated. Thanks to Steven for his assistance during a hard week. You are a good mom!
Love you
Dad

Our Family said...

Happy Mothers day! So you are loaning out your hubby for all...I will take next week:)

Eva and Sara

Angela and Jay said...

So glad that you had a great Mother's Day! :-)