Sunday, November 25, 2007

Trimming the Tree



After the turkey is eaten, I immediately get into the Christmas mood, so I did my mega online shopping extravaganza (all shopping complete except Steven's, John's, and Melissa's - please provide lists!). Then Madeline and I decorated the tree :-) First we put up the traditional first ornament, the chimney sweep - a tradition that goes back to when I was a little girl.




Then, the Janie & Steven love 1994 heart,




the traditional ornaments,



and a new thing that Madeline loves, the Tree Train!





Check out the pics, and let me know what you think of the Tree Train. It took me a few minutes to get used to it, but I do think it's cool now :-)



Madeline working hard on the tree :-)

2 comments:

Windsor House said...

Your tree looks great. Is this really a train that goes around the tree? Looks like a cool idea.
Cant wait to see it.
Dad

Unknown said...

How fun! We haven't decorated for C-mas yet, but I am ready. I love pulling out the old familiar ornaments.

The tree train is VERY cool! I always wanted a train around the tree.