Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Blessings

This Thanksgiving I have had a good lesson in being thankful for what you have, and not wanting more. This morning I woke up not feeling too well (I think I overdid it cooking yesterday, and coupled with the pneumonia it got me down a bit), and I don't get to spend this year with my family (because of the pneumonia). So, I called my Mom and got all teary about not being with my maternal family when I could hear them all laughing in the background. I was so teary, in fact, that I didn't call my sweetie little sister, because I knew I would cry for sure. Then I spoke with a friend, who told me of a family with a brand new baby that she knows. The Father who is in his 30s has colon cancer, and had to have surgery very recently hours away from his Whitesburg home. So, he and his wife are sitting in Cleveland today with their tiny baby in the hospital, with all of the terrible fear that has to go with that. It reminded me that I am blessed that I could call my little Mammaw and hear my laughing aunts, and that I could spend the day with my other family, laughing and giggling with them. My husband is healthy, my baby is a beauty, and I am blessed! So, here are my wishes for you:

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.



I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.



I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.



I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much

Bigger.



I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.



I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.



I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.



Thank you for being my friend, and for spending your time reading our family blog!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We miss having you with us, but are glad that you are starting to feel better. Keep resting and recovering. We love you!

Love the poem!!