Saturday, August 01, 2009

A Short Staycation

We've been on a bit of a staycation this week - not by design really, but because we had no child care. It has been wonderful! Today we had our old buddies Lauren, Campbell and Ainsley over, along with one of BFF's Margaret. We were having a majorly big time! We were also happy to have Sarah, Joe, Jack and Annie for a little while too. It was fun for me to catch up with Margaret, while the girls had fun together with a million inside toys and then in our mini water park outside. They played in the kiddie pool and the slip n' slide (my parents would not let me have a slip n' slide, so I guess that goes along with opening more than one box of cereal at a time for me - it was fun to watch them). We made a good dinner of grilled fresh veggies and chicken. It was one of my favorite days I've had in a long time. Tomorrow, we are going to lay low and try to rest a little before school starts.

BTW I think the "staycation" name is kinda cheesy, but I guess sometimes it is descriptive.


You really want me to run and then fall down? On purpose?

Who needs expensive toys when you can play with a towel?

What's better than giggling with your friends?

This thing is FUN!


Annie was loving the pool :-)

Lauren mastered the slip n' slide!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had such a fun day at your water park!

Love the new header!

Windsor House said...

It looks like fun was had by all!
Love You Guys

Windsor House said...

I really like your new blog look!!
Love you
Dad