Tuesday, August 04, 2009

First Day of School (Second Grade)!



Today was the first day of Second Grade for Madeline. She has gotten so big! She woke up, got dressed, ate breakfast and cleaned her room, no problem. I asked her if she was nervous, she asked why would she be nervous? Then we drove to school, at which time she said she did not need for me to walk her in to her room. She declared that she is old enough to do things by herself and reminded me that she started walking in alone a LONG time ago in first grade. So, she jumped happily out of the car leaving her shocked Mommy to take the blurry photo shown above. Suffice it to say that she did fine, her Mommy, well, not so much!

Here are a couple of proper first day of school pics....






And for the sentimental folks like me, let's go down memory lane to the first day of Kindergarten and First Grade... Oh my sweet girl is growing up!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, so sweet. What are you trying to make us all weepy with those retro photos?

Love those rainbow shoes! :-)

Windsor House said...

We are glad that she had a good first day. She is growning up but still out little girl.
Love you

Janie said...

I felt a little weepy myself, so maybe I wanted you to join me :-) I have always loved that first day of Kindergarten pic. I love her little model pose this year - I didn't do that!

Our Family said...

Too cute. We are right there with you, realizing our turns are coming too:)