Saturday, August 01, 2009

Back Yard Half Camp Out







Madeline and I spent a great day together having some good Mommy and Madeline time. First we went to the Farmer's Market and bought some veggies and blackberries, then we put up our tent. Putting up our tent by yourself is quite the adventure. Suffice it to say Madeline said "let's get Daddy to do it" a few times, and I said "No, women can put tents up too" a few times.... then we got it up! We had a great time half camping. Why is it "half camping" you ask? Well, first of all the tent was in our backyard, second of all we only camped out until 10:30, then we came inside and went to bed! I went in to kiss Madeline goodnight and she said "Mom, I'm glad we came to our senses and came inside"... so once again she acted like mini me I guess. Are we country girls? Not so much! Nevertheless we hunted for lightening bugs, played cards in the tent, told stories and laid around generally in a tent at night. That's at least half camping, right? :-)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed your half-camp out! Fun times!

Windsor House said...

Looks like good fun! I dont know that I would like to stay outside all night either. The best part is that you guys enjoyed it and spend some quality time together.

Windsor House said...

Looks like good fun! I dont know that I would like to stay outside all night either. The best part is that you guys enjoyed it and spend some quality time together.