Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Sweetie



Who knew in October, 2001, that my Sweetie would be such a wonderful Dad! He is patient and kind, never hurtful or critical, supportive and strong as a Dad. I should have known that first week when I dropped Madeline's baby bath thing (with her in it) and he came bounding down the stairs in panic, that he was going to be a fabulous Dad. As each day passes he is closer with Madeline. He does a great steam roller, and makes her belly laugh. He teaches her about infinity and wombats, and expects her to act like a lady at all times. He doesn't know the depth of the love that her little heart will hold for him one day, because he was a son, not a daughter. But I know that love (see below), and it's everlasting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Father's Day to Steven!

Windsor House said...

We are very blessed to have Steven in our family! I agree with your comments. Good dad and daughter picture.

Angela and Jay said...

Oh, sweet picture! Love the heart cake. :-)