Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day




My Dad is one of those Dads that has everything. It is extremely difficult to come up with a good gift to buy him, because he has everything you think of already :-) But, this year I thought that perhaps what he might want most is some love from his girls. So, I sat down and thought of 25 things that I love about my Dad. Some of these things only he will understand, but most of them probably apply to your Dad, too. Here's the list, which by no means covers everything, and is in no particular order:

1. Big Bear Hugs
2. Good advice, whether I want it or not!
3. He ALWAYS loves me, no matter what
4. His encouragement
5. The Box
6. You can count on him to get things done - fast
7. "I always have time for my daughter"
8. How hard he worked to provide for us
9. How he loves his Grandkids (he wears Cat in the Hat hats!)
10. He taught us that we had to work for what we got
11. That he cared enough to provide discipline
12. He took us to every historical site he could find
13. He loved us enough to take us along to all of those conventions.
14. Willie Punkslunt, "sit on your fist and lean back on your thumb", and "get out of my face!" (forgive me Dad, I had to put the last one in)
15. Seeing him at work - he's AMAZING
16. How he loves a sad song
17. His love for our country
18. He wasn't satisfied until we did our best
19. He understands me - we are two peas in a pod!
20. He is a great example of what a great man/husband/Dad should be
21. He didn't let us win at board games (you can't win all of the time)
22. He made me feel beautiful when other boys didn't
23. He has rules and lives by them
24. He will always help, any time, any place
25. Did I say HE LOVES ME?

I love you, Dad. You are one of the three men who have loved and supported me most - you, Grandpa Asher and Steven. You could not have been a better Father! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Dad. Great post. Great daughter!

Our Family said...

Wonderful list. I could certainly relate to many of the items:)

Eva and Sara

Windsor House said...

Thanks, your list means the world to me and brings both a smile to my face and tear to my eye, You are a great daughter!
Love you!!
Dad