Wednesday, October 10, 2007

She's Here!

I am on vacation this week - and in the spirit of really being away from work, haven't turned the computer on until now! I have had a good/bad week. I planned to go down for Sophia's birth, but due to Madeline and I getting sick, we were unable to go. I basically cried all day yesterday. Rebecca wants to blog her own baby news, but I believe that I am permitted to tell you that sweet Sophia was born at around 7:30 this evening, and Mom, Dad and Baby Sophia are doing fine! It was bittersweet for me to be on the phone literally all day with them, getting updates and then calling both of my Grandma's and telling them the updates that Mom and Dad gave me. I know what wonderful moments Mark and Rebecca are experiencing right now - the most amazing miracle God gives us! I spent the day at the Zoo with my little miracle, and we had a big time. Then we went to Build a Bear and built a bear we named "Cutes" for Sophia, so that she would have one with her same birth date :-) It was actually a gift from my Dad, who made sure to tell me to make one for Madeline too, because he didn't want to give a gift to one of his Grandbabies without getting one for the other. Very sweet! Anyway, I'll have pictures from the past few days around here soon - my camera battery has died, so I can't get that done today.

Steven has been out of town too this week, and I have been missing him too! I guess being away from my family at this time has just made me lonely.... but, we have a new little baby to love on, and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Windsor House said...

We missed having you with us also. We are so excited about our second granddaughter Sophia. We are blessed with two pretty, sweet granddaughters now.
Love You

Unknown said...

We really missed you, and hope you girls feel better soon. You were there with us in spirit. We knew that you were calling, hoping, & praying. We are blessed with a loving family.

Can't wait for you to meet her!