Friday, October 19, 2007

20 Years!



I was kind of amazed today to read that The Joshua Tree was released twenty years ago! What else was going on 20 years ago? I entered UK as a Freshman, I met Jen, Robin and Paige, Star Trek - The New Generation was on TV (one of Steven's favorite shows), Baby Jessica fell in the well, the stock market crashed, the Cold War was raging, Iran Contra was in the news, Steven was at U of L (studying hard), Steven King was the best selling author, "The Running Man" and "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" were playing at the movies. I know it is cliche to say it, but time certainly flies! I was having a lot of fun at the time, but was also uncertain as to how my life would turn out. Here I am, a happy Wife and Mom, career well under way, and twenty years later, my favorite band is still U2!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty amazing to luck back on life. Love U2 as well!

Anonymous said...

Face it - we're old. Just think, most high-school kids probably consider U2 as "classic rock"

Steven