Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall Break



Fall Break has been fun around here. We went camping (no photos this time - I forgot the camera!), Jeanine's church fall festival, Bridget's mini farm, the Zoo, hung around here, and talked on the phone a ton since we had a new addition to our family! It was really special to me getting to spend a week with Ms. Madeline - her 6th Birthday is Sunday, and it certainly doesn't seem like that long since we bundled her up and brought her home from the hospital. The new baby in the family, plus her Birthday, have certainly made me think about those days when she was brand new.

Madeline keeps saying "I'm most important to you, right?" whenever she hears me talk about the new baby. I've been saying for years that we needed a new girl in town - Sophia will be great for Madeline, and for all of us! I keep looking at Rebecca and Mark's blog - I can't believe my baby sister has a baby! Since I was the oldest, I always took care of Rebecca like she was my child, so this new little one will hold an extra special spot in my heart :-)

I talked to an old friend recently who is very successful professionally, but never married and has no children. I was sad for her in a lot of ways. Honestly, my reasons for taking each and every breath are sleeping down the hall (Steven came back today thank goodness). My job is great for me, I enjoy helping people and feeling like I make a difference in people's lives, but when it comes down to it, my family is where all of my joy originates. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.....

3 comments:

Windsor House said...

I am happy that you had a nice vacation and Madeline had a very nice fall break. We also remember when she was little like Sophia and can't believe she is already 6 years old. We are very proud of our two daughters and their little girls!
Dad and Mom

Unknown said...

How fun. Looks like you made some special memories this week. Madeline is so lucky to have you as her buddy & mother!

Windsor House said...

I am going to get some of these pictures of our little one. She is so cute in the hat and whiskers!What a great little girl we have. Thanks to Nicole for being such a great cousin and buddy to Madeline!
Love
Dad