Saturday, September 15, 2007

Festival

Our little family went down to town today to the annual festival and had a great time! Madeline decided that rather than pay $7.00 to bounce on a big bouncy thing she'd spend her money making sand art, and we had lots of fun making the multi colored butterfly which you see here. After walking around downtown we came home and Madeline played with her friends and I got dinner ready - I was proud of myself, it was a meatloaf with a cheese sauce from Paula Dean along with some mashed potatoes from her cookbook and green beans. We all enjoyed it, and I plan to take the left overs to Dad to eat tomorrow while Mom is at Mamaw's house. I have also pulled out a dollhouse that I started to build before Madeline was born (of course I had to quit working when I had the baby), and have been working on that last night and today. Madeline is quite excited about it! Of course, it will probably take me several months to finish it, so we'll see how her patience with that project holds out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like such a nice Saturday. The sand art sounds fun, and the dinner yummy!

I LOVE the idea of a doll house. You'll have to take pics of that as well.

Anonymous said...

I had fun Saturday morning as well.

Plus I thought the dinner was yummy :-)

Steven.