Saturday, September 22, 2007

90 Degrees in Late September!

It was 90 degrees today! Good Grief! Oh well, when it is 30 degrees I'll be wishing it was 90 :-)

We had a fun day overall today. First we went on a whole family bike ride, which was a ton of fun. There are times that I am sad that Madeline isn't a baby any more, but when we are all on bikes like today I was glad she is finally big enough to do that! Now if we could just get her training wheels off.....

Then Madeline and I walked to the new library. It's been there a few months, so we were tardy in getting there, but it was really nice! We checked out a book that Madeline really enjoyed "Lilly and the Mixed Up Letters", about a girl who was having trouble reading out loud at school.



I got a book titled "Forgive Me" which I have read quite a bit of already. I'll let you know what I decide about it in a day or two...



Steven worked himself to death today, moving dirt around our yard. He made a pad for the swimming pool (I'll put grass seed there, which will hopefully come up before winter), and filled in some low spots. So, I checked him out a movie:



He's watching it now, and I haven't seen most of it, but it looks awesome. I know most of you have probably seen it already, but we don't watch a lot of movies around here, so it is new to us. Anyway, the library is a place that we will visit regularly and often after today!

For dinner I tried my hand at Weiner Schnitzel, and it was good! I enjoy cooking, it's just thinking of something to cook that I don't enjoy :-)

Tomorrow, we are hoping to do more of the same.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the perfect day! I need to find that little book that Madeline read. I love the premise.

Yum, I make weiner schnitzel every now and then. Love it! As for recipes I need to share some of the food blogs that I found lately. I put them on my bloglines and they are highlighted when they post new recipes. I have about 20, and more recipes to try than I can keep up with.