Saturday, May 22, 2010

Things We Learn from Soccer



Another season of soccer comes to an end... I never played an organized sport in my life, but I make no secret in saying that I am so happy that Madeline loves soccer. We have learned so many things! Here are a few:

My child has athletic skill - I'm still amazed!
In life sometimes you win, but sometimes you lose, no matter how hard you work.
It's fun to win, but if you do, be nice to the ones who have lost.
If you lose, it's no big deal, smile at the kids who beat you.
If you're the Mom, no matter how loud you scream, you kid has to do it for herself.
You must listen to the coach - others know more than you do.
If you try hard, you get better.
You must listen to your teammates and work together.
It feels good to have others Cheer for you.
You must think about what you are doing, even when you are running all out.
Stop and take a knee if someone gets hurt.
It is good to run.
It's just a game.
In the end, you always get a snack!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this. Maybe I need to play soccer. I haven't learned all those lessons yet. :)

Windsor House said...

Well stated. Madeline is a very good soccer player and I am proud of her! We enjoyed watching her games and am sorry that we didnt make more of them,