Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Gone Fishing

We had a great labor day week-end! We spent some time with Mom and Dad relaxing at the cabin, and it was just what the Doctor ordered! We took naps, read books, and went fishing. I have never been much of a fisher, but it was nice to sit and enjoy the quiet and the water, and I admit my competitive nature kicked in and I wanted to catch a fish! Lucky me, I finally caught a three inch long fish :-)

Madeline caught a frog, she was quite proud...



Here I am with my massive fish catch...



What fun for Madeline to spend time fishing with her Grandpa ... another memory she will benefit from so much in the future.



Here's Dad working on Madeline's fishing rod - he made sure that she had fun!



Anyway, I am not always perfectly eloquent in my blog posting - what I am trying to say is that I love my Mom & Dad and am really blessed to have been able to spend some quiet time relaxing with them. I'm always on the run, and they usually just catch me coming and going, but at least this week-end I was able to slow down and spend some time just quietly fishing with my Dad and Madeline. That is the best! Plus, I had time to just sit on the porch with Mom and listen to her talk about Mammaw....

The rest of the week-end was equally quiet, but I loved it! Steven, Madeline and I did nothing but hang out together. We discovered Jenga, our new favorite game around our house. We need to do nothing more often!

4 comments:

Windsor House said...

janet and I sure enjoyed your visit to the cabin. Janet made sure the food was great and we enjoyed hanging out with you guys. The fishing and boating time spent together was special. I am glad that we all caught a fish and as usual Madeline caught the first and biggest one.
Good Time,Love You
Dad

Unknown said...

Very nice post. THose certainly are memories that Madeline will always have.

Our Family said...

That sounds like a wonderufl weekend with wonderful memories not only for Madeline, but you as well.

Brad, Erin, Finn, Jude and Xsu-Xsu said...

Looks like lots of fun! Love the new look of the blog...haven't been on in a long time :)