Tuesday, December 07, 2010

My Senses

What I hear right now - Steven playing guitar downstairs (The House of the Rising Sun), Madeline blowing a penny whistle, tapping keys on my keyboard.

What I smell right now - ham from dinner, scented candle.

What I see right now - darkness outside with a light now falling through window, Madeline with a bunch of toy animals around her, which she has had since she was probably three years old, but still plays with.

What I'm able to touch right now .... flannel pajamas, the keyboard, my blanket, wooden Noah's Ark

What I taste right now.... yummy hot chocolate that my Bro in Law kindly bought for me

What I feel right now.... the loving embrace of home and family.

What am I thankful for?  A life of bounty, the love of my family, and God's forgiveness of my many sins and indiscretions.

1 comment:

Windsor House said...

This is so well written and beautiful! Love you.