Monday, September 06, 2010

Labor Day


We had a great time celebrating the end of summer this week-end... we spent time on London with family, including my niece Sophia, who is here in Kentucky while her parents are away in China adopting her new little sister Claire. We've had a great time doing some extra bonding with Sophia :-) Sophs misses her parents for sure, but I think she is enjoying herself just the same. I haven't spent that much hands on time with a two year old in a while, but I am up to the challenge! It did hinder my ability to take photos though!

Sophia, Madeline and I went to my friend's farm today to see her cows and animals. Sophia was a bit timid around the cows, but I think she really enjoyed it because she was completely enthusiastic talking about them as we drove away.



We topped off the day with ice cream - all kiddos love that!

3 comments:

Windsor House said...

Sophia really enjoyed having Madeline stay overnight with her. Her eyes light up when she sees Madeline coming. Sophia has been talking about her trip with Aunt Jane Jane and seeing Steven play his guitar. We had a great weekend and really enjoyed having you guys visit the cabin!!

Windsor House said...

Your blog looks great!

Our Family said...

I think you are doing a great job keeping up with Rebeccas blog. I am so glad that Sophia is spending some time with her family in Kentucky.