Monday, March 15, 2010

Our House

Madeline keeps talking about what a great house we have lately. She has gotten me thinking about it, because I have to admit that sometimes I'd like a bigger, newer, fancier house. But her comments have made me look around and see the beauty of this place. If I close my eyes, I can see my little one toddling around here - when we moved here we moved her into her big girl bed with the rails so she wouldn't fall out. We've had six Christmas Mornings here - what fun those were! Family parties with Grandparents, aunts uncles and cousins come to mind. First days of school, summer fun playing with buddies in the yard, lemonade stands, fun on the swing set all fill my minds eye. Steven has washed his cars many times in the back yard, flew his model airplanes onto the roof, listened to his music loud in the basement. We've danced together, laughed together and cried together under this roof. As Madeline says it has kept us warm and safe. The more I think about it, the more I love this place..... I can't put a picture on here for safety reasons, but if you imagine a happy home full of love you'll have a good picture of our place :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thoughts!

Lillian said...

Isn't it something how our children have a natural ability to show us the real beauty in our world? Above all, peace & laughter determine the value of a home.

Windsor House said...

Buildings don,t make a home, but families make a home. This is a very nice post and one that brings us back to the reality of what's really important. All my life I have been centered on "things" and I still am - too much, however the older I get the more I realize what is really important. Thanks for the post.

Love you
Dad