Thursday, September 11, 2008

Still Can't Forget



I know that everyone feels this way, but I think there are few images burned so strongly in my mind as the beautiful tragic morning seven years ago, and the weird disconnect that I felt when I went to the hospital that afternoon to see the brand new baby of one of my best friends who had been born the day before (Ms. Buckley for those of you who know her). I was near full term with Madeline, and the shear tragedy of it just blew me away, along with the fear for my husband, who was working in a federal building and got a call that morning to GET OUT from a friend who is in the FBI. I wonder how many people feel as I do, and still can't watch TV shows about it without tears. Probably millions. Let us remember today, and let us be vigilant that it never happen again.

Photos of those who were lost:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am with you sister. Nice post.

Windsor House said...

I agree wholeheartedly. If we arent careful it will happen again and with much greater loss of life. I think the majority of the American people havent forgotten and will continue be diligent.
Dad